Finally! I have waste and this is not a good thing. Cleaning out the fridge of leftovers and just an overall general clean out as *I* felt it was time and just looked cluttered – boy did I ever hit the jackpot 😦
* 1lb (approx) grapes – they totally waved at me
* mini watermelon – it had been rolled to the back of the shelf and buried
* 3 clementines – they were already molding when I dumped out the crate into the produce drawer
* 4 individual portions of yoghurts (well past expiry – hidden with watermelon)
* remnants of a block of cheese – used for snacking
* head of lettuce
What this tells me is when I let dad unpack the groceries, he just shoves it all in vs letting me play Tetris or Jenga and re-organize the fridge and pull the old stuff to the front to be eaten first. Its like a game…I let him unpack a few times and it turns out alright. The one time I don’t follow up – BAM! Instant shove-fest. Trust me, I do not feel good about this waste but there must be some sort of lesson in this. I am sure of it. When will I ever learn?
How’d you do?
On Friday’s, I share what food items that I have ‘wasted’ by letting spoil during the week from forgetfulness and/or neglect. Kristen over at The Frugal Girl has inspired me to publicly post in hopes of reducing waste. (Food Waste Friday is now being co-hosted every other week with Simply Being Mum – pop on over to take a peek!)