I made these super easy and simply delicious Cake Mix Cookie Bars for dessert on Valentine’s Day 2014 using and substituting what I had on hand in the pantry. Talk about being frugal ;) It barely took me 10 minutes from gathering the ingredients to getting them into the oven.
- 1 boxed cake mix – I used double chocolate mix
- 1/2c vegetable oil – I used canola
- 1/2c sugar – I used coconut sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1c chocolate chips, M&M’s or other candy toppings – I used a mix of pumpkin spice & coconut M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix ingredients together and spread into a 9×13″ pre-greased pan. (note: this will make a stiff dough)
- Bake for 25-30 Minutes. (I baked for 20 mins and yielded perfectly soft centred cookie bars)
- Cut into bars. (I let cool for 10 mins in pan before flipping onto a cooling rack and allowed to cool another 10 mins before cutting)
- Store in an airtight container. Should last a week stored on the counter but I wouldn’t know. Ours were devoured within 3 days and that was torture trying to make them last that long :D
You can find the original recipe here.